Following the appointment of Dr Mark Britnell as chair of the Global Impact Committee (GIC), Beamtree has appointed 15 healthcare leaders to support this initiative.
The GIC is an advisory board that will provide advice on strategies and policies, promote best practice and innovation in health data, and advance the Beamtree mission to mobilise the power of data for a healthier, happier world. The GIC will lead thought leadership programs to promote the priority of quality in healthcare and convene an annual international conference organised by Beamtree. It will oversee programs to empower global comparison of health outcomes and pro-bono initiatives to support improvements in data quality in developing nations.
The members of the Global Impact Committee are:
- Martin Bowles AO PSM (Australia) – National Chief Executive Officer of Calvary Health Care
- Janet Davidson (Canada) – Administrator of Nova Scotia Health Authority, former chair Canadian Institute for Health Information
- Andy Hardy (UK) – Chief Executive Officer of University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
- Tom Jackiewicz (USA) – President of the University of Chicago Medical Centre and Chief Operating Officer of the UChicago Medicine health system
- Dr. Shane Kelly (Australia) – Group Chief Executive Officer of St John of God Health Care
- Sir Bruce Keogh (UK) – Chair of the Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust; former National Medical Director, NHS England
- Prof. Low Cheng Ooi (Singapore) – Chief Technology Officer at Sheares Healthcare Group; Special Advisor, CMIO Office, Ministry of Health Singapore
- Prof. Keith McNeil (Australia) – Acting Deputy Director-General, Chief Medical Officer (Prevention Division) and Chief Clinical Information Officer, Queensland Health.
- Tony O’Brien (Ireland) – Leadership, Governance and Strategy Adviser; former Director-General Health Service Executive (HSE), Republic of Ireland
- Dr. Sangita Reddy (India) – Joint Managing Director of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited
- Prof. Walter Ricciardi (Italy) – Professor of Hygiene and Public Health at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome; Scientific Advisor to the Italian Minister of Health for the coronavirus pandemic
- Sara Riggiare (Sweden) – PhD student in selfcare for Parkinson’s Disease at Health Informatics Centre, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
- Dr. Don Rucker (USA) – Physician leader with national clinical informatics success; former US Federal National Co-ordinator for Health Information Technology
- Roger Taylor (UK) – Author ; former chair, UK government’s Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation
- Jim Birch AO (Australia) – Beamtree non-executive director and observer.
The first meeting of the Global Impact Committee was held on the 19th of October, 2021.